Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm an artist, you know

I haven't worked on my novel all this week. I know my illness is a good excuse, and that I can afford the break, but I can't stop feeling guilty about it.

So I'm determined to get back on the horse from Monday. I'll be starting mid-story though so I'm concerned that the tone and details won't match up with the rest of the story. But I suppose that's what rewriting (and a healthy dose of denial) is for.

I worrying about writing so much that it feels normal. What's surprised me is how much I'm looking forward to it. Writers are supposed to be tortured souls, driven to write but cursed to never enjoy their craft. Or something. So enjoying it means that I'm churning out dross, obviously.

Re-reading the above I think I'm tortured enough already, regaining my arteeest status.

Looking forward to a day of tv watching and eating. I already had a bacon buttie and am working my way through an Easter Egg that the Ours got from work. Better late than never, it's gorgeous.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Apparently scientists have created a mathematical formula of how to make the perfect bacon buttie. More here.

Beccy said...

Mmmm bacon buttie...

Glad you're feeling better and it sounds like the taste buds are working well just in time for your package!

Angie said...

Glad you're feeling better. I always want to get back to my writing when I've been away a few days, yet when I have all my time available for writing, I just want to procrastinate. Tortured soul and all that, I guess? ;)
These "experts" must've packed on a few with all that bacon testing!

Yvonne said...

Beccy, I can't wait!

Angie, you hit the nail on the head. On Monday morning I'll be desperately thinking of 100 things that I can do other than write.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better, and best of luck with the writing. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting back into it.