Saturday, October 20, 2007

One man's junk...

Writing the post about my work vs writing dilemma helped me realise that I have to respect my limitations (no long hours) but also trust that there will be other jobs when I leave the present one. If I had let the FEAR of the unknown stop me from taking chances I would never have traveled nor started writing full-time, and I'm not going to let the FEAR get to me now. So - I'm going to work until Christmas if I can and then I'll take some time off to write. How long depends on my savings, but I'm hoping it will be at least a month. And thank you for your comments, they really helped. I'm in great form now that I've made the decision!

We bought some new furniture from Habitat in the sales, so we decided to put some stuff on Freecycle to make room for the delivery. We got a huge response in just a few hours and someone came to pick up everything we offered this morning. Much kinder on the environment AND my wallet than a skip!

7 comments:

Alix said...

Glad you're feeling happy with your decision. So many of us just dream of doing things and don't because we're afraid. It's great that your doing what you love even if it's scary!
Good luck!

Yvonne said...

Alix, it's so true, I'd hate to look back and regret not doing something because I was too afraid to do it.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Good for you, it always feels much better once a firm decision is reached! Good for you having the strength of your convictions!

Yvonne said...

Awh thanks Holler!

Beccy said...

Glad you've made a decision and are happy with it...it sounds like a great plan.

Freecycle is just brilliant.

Yvonne said...

Cheers Beccy. Freecycle is the best! Couldn't believe how easy the whole process was.

Anonymous said...

Great decision, congrats!!