Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Big Edit

I'm finishing up work on Friday, 1st February to start on the second draft (gulp). That's less than four weeks away.

To get cracking immediately I'm going to read some books I bought a few months ago to prepare me for the BIG EDIT:

The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2008
, and
Solutions for Writers by Sol Stein

I'd also like to finish Wannabe a Writer by Jane Wenham-Jones because so many fellow bloggers raved about it - I read the part where she was harassing her agent and it absolutely cracked me up. If my doodles were as good as Jane's I'd definitely follow her example.

To promote myself - however grassroots this may be - a website with my name in lights is in order. The domain is bought but I'm still getting the hosting sorted. The bio is fine (I love yabbering about myself) but I need more to pad out my portfolio. I have a few articles floating around cyberspace that I can link to but not enough. Some publish-worthy material is in order too then.

Yawn! Writing about all this activity has me knackered.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out Women Writers In the New Ireland? Very grassroots but so many great women doing interesting things all around the country!

Yvonne said...

Hi Beth, I just checked it out there and it's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

Flirty Something said...

Happy New Year and best of look with the book - Yvonne!

Yvonne said...

Thanks flirty! Happy New Year to you too.

Ariel said...

Hello Yvonne... and good luck!

Yvonne said...

Ariel! Good to hear from you!

cork-host said...

I assume we can't "peek over your shoulder" while you do this?

Yvonne said...

Cork-Host, I will definitely be sharing what I learn about the editing process and any tips that I pick up on the way, but I won't be actually posting the material.