Thursday, September 25, 2008

Homepages

I had a duvet day yesterday - I thought a break from writing would help my listlessness - and it seemed to have worked, because in the afternoon I wrote a piece for Homepages - Stories From the Irish Blogosphere, which is a book-to-blog project by Catherine to raise funds for Focus Ireland. Pauline McLynn, writer, actor and blogger extraordinaire is writing the introduction.

The theme is "home" and Catherine is looking for eighty stories, recipes or other text and twenty black and white photos for the book. So if you're a blogger, blog reader or blog commenter of any nationality living in Ireland, or Irish living abroad, submit a piece and spread the word! It's for an amazing cause.

Regarding my novel progress I've rewritten 2700 words so far which is not bad going. I'm still very much wrapped up in this story but I'm determined to write a post about Barcelona and a few about my experiences of overcoming procrastination and writer's block.

12 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Duvet days are a necessity sometimes. I think I need one soon.

I'd love to submit but apart from my grandparents being Irish, I don't qualify. Such a shame.

Lane Mathias said...

Glad the duvet day was beneficial:-)

Looking forward to Barcelona post and any tips on procrastination (the overcoming of) gratefully received!

Jenny Beattie said...

I'm glad to hear your duvet day worked. Welcome back.

Amanda said...

Duvet days are very good indeed-y!
:-)

What a great project, but I'm less qualified than Debs, only the one Irish grandparent, unfortunately!

Yvonne said...

Debs, that is a shame. Duvet days are a life saver.

Lane, thanks! Someone emailed me recently about procrastination so it's fresh in my mind...

JJ, cheers.

Annie, not fair!

Karen said...

I NEED a duvet-day godammit! I'm glad it worked for you though :o)

Angie said...

I'm due for a duvet day as well. You say it helps the procrastination? Couldn't hurt!
Looking forward to the Barcelona post and any tips you might have. :)

Yvonne said...

Karen, go for it!

Angie, it did work - sometimes what I think is writer's block is actually burn-out, the odd duvet day with some trashy tv usually sorts me right out.

HelenMWalters said...

Oh for a duvet day! Your word count sounds really promising :)

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

A Duvet day. How great. I will start a duvet day this very week. Can it be weekly or is it just an yearly event?

Yvonne said...

Helen, thanks!

Fiona, every soul deserves a weekly duvet day.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read about your "experiences of overcoming procrastination and writer's block".