Thursday, June 25, 2009

Work

Once I sent out my first novel for review I did a lot of work on my second - read some "How to" books, interviewed my characters, played around with a premise - it was all systems go.

But then I heard that my contract at work is more than likely going to end in six weeks. I had heard rumours for a while so the official news wasn't a big shock, but it did make me realise that I had to pull my socks up and apply for some jobs.

Fingers crossed I'll find something soon, but until then the job hunt has trumped writing. And I'm in no hurry to get my editorial review back either!

10 comments:

Angie said...

What a bummer. Good luck with the job search. Hopefully when you get that sorted, you'll come back to the writing energized.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

That's a bit of a blow. Best of luck with the job hunting.

Karen said...

Hope you find something soon, and fingers crossed for the review :o)

Pat Posner said...

Hope something really, really good turns up soon.
Good Luck
xxPat

HelenMWalters said...

Good luck in the job hunt x

Yvonne said...

Angie, I hope so too, it's the best way to look at it!

Debs, thanks, it's going quite well actually which is a relief.

Karen, thanks, I'm still really nervous about it...

Pat, you're so kind. Thank you.

Helen, cheers!

Tamsyn Murray said...

Oh, bad luck. Hope you find soemthing else soon.

Kat W said...

Good luck with the job hunt. I'm sure you will make anyone an ideal employee. Kat

Tahlia said...

I've just found your blog. I've been looking for like souls sharing their writing and publishing journey. So hi. I'm Tahlia.

I'm lucky at the moment in that my husband has a full time job ( though temporary) so when I haven't been called up for the casual teaching I do, I can write.

When I'm on a roll, I hate it when other things get in the way.

I hope you get something to keep the money rolling in while you write.

James said...

Hi..!!
All the best..
God Bless YOU..!!