Saturday, March 17, 2007

Blockbuster!

Stayed up watching Comic Relief until one in the morning, way past my Friday night bedtime. Some of their appeals moved me to tears. What they manage to convey so effectively is that these people's suffering is preventable and their lives can be completely turned around by as little as five pounds a month. To us it means so little but to them it can be the difference between live and death.

Of course there were also sketches, some very good. Two that stood out involved Ricky Gervais and Tony Blair. The latter actually made me laugh out loud in spite of myself. Be amazed…

So it's Paddy's Day yet again, where people get drunker and the Gardai get richer. Not that I begrudge them of their overtime. Chances are each of them will have something very unpleasant to do today rather than just standing around looking bored and texting or calling their mates as per usual. The other day when I walked from O'Connell Street to Grafton Street I saw no less than five guards plan their nights out. Well that ain't happening today! The Ours and I were woken up at nine this morning by some pill-heads that were still celebrating from last night. They were playing Blockbuster!. I'm sure it made sense at the time...

Have a good one!