Thursday, July 05, 2007

Yippee ki yay *censored*

Finally I got to see the new Die Hard last night, and I can say that it was an utter riot. Before the film started I remarked to the Ours that, for once, I wouldn’t mind if people used their phones during the film because

  1. Die Hard films are quite noisy
  2. And the plots are quite flimsy
Anyway this one didn’t disappoint. John McClane still looked like the walking dead at the end (but is apparently bulletproof). His sidekick is a nerdo hacker who reminded me of a young Keanu Reeves but with acting ability. Sidekick and McClane trade a multitude of quips throughout the film, each one cheesier than the other.

There is a surprising lack of CGI in the film, but the one example that stuck in my mind was a fighter jet that follows McClane up a freeway tower. McClane then JUMPS ONTO this jet and rides it to the ground. That sets the tone for the rest of the film, but luckily it’s near the end.

Regarding the plot. I was a tad skeptical about the hackers’ abilities in the film. The Bad Men accessed networks with ease, opening, altering and moving between applications and systems with amazing speed. I know it can’t possibly be that simple, because yesterday I was sent a Word document which I couldn’t open because it was created in Office 07 and I use Office 03.

6 comments:

National Disgrace said...

Tell me he wears the vest?

Macoosh said...

"reminded me of a young Keanu Reeves but with acting ability."

i adore you.

Yvonne said...

National disgrace, he doesn't! Probably for the best though. He's still grumpy and sweary, some things never change.

Macoosh, I adore you too! :)

Angie said...

I'm with macoosh on that phrase!
I suppose I should take the husband to see this soon, then? :)

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I suppose there was flag flying at some point?

Jenny Beattie said...

Hello Hellojed, It was a riot. I must say I loved every ludicrous minute of it. But I do seem to have a little penchant for bald men ... not all of course ... but BW does it for me!
JJx