Thursday, September 20, 2007

200th post (De-lurkarama)

Am happy today - my chicken pox has nearly left me (oh happy days) and this is my 200th post!

I started blogging six months ago to get into the habit of writing everyday, keeping family and friends up to date and to become part of the blogsphere. I was soon taken aback at how many people took the time to visit my blog, and to comment on my posts. To be part of the blogging community, even in such a small way, stopped me from feeling isolated when writing at home.

I checked my feedburner stats today and I have 75 subscribers to this blog. I'm amazed to have even half that readership, mainly because I post about random stuff that I get a kick out of but that isn't deep, political, ranty, depraved and/or technical. To everyone who subscribes and/or visits - thank you. The fact that you like the same random stuff as I do, and enjoy timewasting to the same degree, makes me feel all gooey inside. But I'm also aware that I haven't had contact with some of you.

So...I think that I'm going to take this chance for a de-lurking ceremony, because it's my blog and de-lurking is pleasing to me. For those not familiar with the term, take it away random Google page:

Lurking: to read but not comment on a chat room/blog.
De-lurking: To finally type in a comment after "lurking" in a chat room/blog for some time.
So in other words if you are reading this post, either on the website, by reader or in an email, why not make a poxy girl very happy and leave a comment, for today only if you prefer. Doesn't have to be profound (like my blog in fact) just a simple "howdy" will do. Thank you.

13 comments:

Beccy said...

Congratulations on your 200th post and I'm pleased to hear that the pox has nearly left you!

jenny said...

Congratulations! Here's to lots more blogging and book writing :-)

Yvonne said...

Hi Beccy, thanks! It's about time the pox left!

Jen, cheers!

Angie said...

Congrats on 200 posts and all those subscribers - your blog is always interesting to me, and clearly it is to plenty of others.
I'm glad to hear the pox is subsiding, as I'm sure writing will be easier without the socks on your hands! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the "poxy girl" line!

Anonymous said...

sorry for lurking. i just started medical student in ireland and in some way found your blog and now it emails me your posts which i enjoy as little bits of a break inbetween studying. i was an english major and enjoy writing myself so its nice to hear about that every now and then. heres my blog in case youre interested: www.itrainshere.blogspot.com
glad youre feeling better.
kelly

Yvonne said...

Angie, thank you so much! Writing with socks on my hands has been a challenge...

Beth, cheers!

Kelly, no need to apologise, good to hear from you, and I really enjoyed the photos on your blog.

laurie said...

you know me, i never lurk!

congrats and i'm glad you're feeling better.

hope you get 75 responses to this post.

Jen said...

75 is pretty impressive. Blogs don't have to be depraved or whatever - they are interesting because they're written well. Happy 200th Anniversary XXX

Yvonne said...

Laurie, I love your comments! Thank you!

Jen, thank you so much, I really appeciate your words.

Macoosh said...

i love your blog and i almost never lurk. so here's to your de-lurking and more importantly, de-poxing!

cork-host said...

-shields down -
hello
-shields up -

Natalie Devoe said...

Hello from Alberta, Canada! :)