Friday, September 28, 2007

Throat

The pox has given my immune system a good kicking. A throat infection is doing the rounds and I've got it. The four pints I had last night in the Front Lounge can't have helped either. Ever notice how everyone gets sick whenever the weather changes suddenly? Two weeks ago I started longing for my winter coat and gloves. Err, aren't we supposed to have summer first? Grr.

Moan over, let's celebrate the fact that it's Friday. And that means links:

More questionable signs

Jeremy Kyle + bear baiting = great comments

Poor woman

Producers make music for iPods

And here's an interesting one: Wired magazine asks 33 authors and 5 designers to write a story in 6 words. Read them here.

7 comments:

Brennig said...

Six words...

How brilliant is Orson Scott Card?

(see what I did there? - lol!)

Yvonne said...

brennig - I like it.

(And yes, truly, he is brilliant)

Beccy said...

Sounds like you've got the same sore throat as I've had...it's taking it's time to go, hope you're feeling better soon.

Yvonne said...

Beccy, it's rife in Dublin at the moment! Thanks and I hope you're feeling better.

jenny said...

eLove the signs (particularly the secret bunker - very handy). And the Wired article. But what a shame Arthur C Clarke wouldn't pare his story down:

2001 author needs a good editor!

jenny said...

Oops - turns out I need a good editor too. Obviously that comment above should read 'Love' not 'eLove'. She who laughs first and all that...

Yvonne said...

Jen, I actually thought you were using some sort of internet slang that I wasn't aware of - 'eLove' - stuff that you love on the web? I reckon it might catch on!