Friday, May 02, 2008

Long Weekend Ahoy

A long weekend is on the horizon. Just me and The Ours for three whole days. Bliss.

Saturday night we're going to 101 Talbot and then to see The Deep Blue Sea by Terence Rattigan at the Gate Theatre.

But the rest of the weekend is unplanned. Maybe Sunday will become a Saturday (nosing around the city, a leisurely lunch, drinks) or perhaps Monday will turn into a Sunday (home-made breakfast, vegging in front of the tv).

That's the wonderful mystery of the three day weekend.

(Have a great one!)

12 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds gorgeously Enid Blyton...bring on the home-made scones and lashings of ginger beer!

Yvonne said...

Ah Enid Blyton, I think I've read every single one of her books! One of those scones would suit me down to the ground right now - I love English cream teas!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! I'm counting the minutes til I can go home and curl up on the sofa with chocolate and 30 Rock - I wouldn't mind a whole weekend of Friday nights :)

Yvonne said...

Caroline I love 30 Rock too, can't wait to catch it later - and Ugly Betty.

Ariel said...

Very civilized. By the way I shall be back in Ireland in June - twice actually, so would you mind awfully if I picked your brains about Dublin night life, places to go, cultural stuff etc...

Lane Mathias said...

Sounds like a fabby weekend. Enjoy!:-)

Yvonne said...

Ariel, I've sent you an email of my favourite places and activities to get started - but please pick my brains if you want to know anything else!

Lane, cheers!

Angie said...

Have a lovely weekend, it sounds perfect!

HelenMWalters said...

Aah, bliss. Although for some bizarre reason, I've ended up working on Monday night!

Yvonne said...

Angie, I hope it will be!

Helen, hope you get double time! Or at least extra drinks on Sunday! ;)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Your weekend sounds blissful.

Some family members are visiting Ireland in August but unfortunately I won't be able to join them. I'm so envious.

Yvonne said...

Debs, what a shame, would love to meet you!