Monday, September 22, 2008

Pins and Needles

I finished the paper edit for the eighth story today, took me two shifts (my hand was worse than usual afterwards) but it was worth the pins and needles. Starting on the rewrite tomorrow.

As always I started the edit worrying about the ending, not knowing where it was going, and as always the story worked its way out. When will I ever learn? But I have a sneaky feeling that if I stop worrying about my writing it will all go to hell, so maybe it's not a bad thing.

The weekend was amazing, I'm still feeling the after effects. When you're thirty-something hangovers tend to last for two days...it's not fair, dammit!

7 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Well done with the edits.

Glad you had a great weekend, mind you when you reach your forties it takes even longer to recover.

Jen said...

I do wonder whether, if we ever think our writing is good, it automatically means it isn't!

As for hangovers, I'm going to be 40 next year and am an advocate of a proper strong mug of tea before bed, no matter how much drunken mess you make spilling it as you head up the stairs.

Angie said...

Congrats on finishing the edit. You are powering through!

I've always had horrible hangovers, regardless of how little I drink, as I remembered Sunday morning after two glasses of wine late Saturday night. Perhaps I'm progressing backwards and my thirties will be filled with lovely mornings-after? Nah, didn't think so either. ;)

Yvonne said...

Debs, hopefully then I'll actually have some sense. I seem to think I can drink like a student still.

Jen, I recently discovered the magic of tea before bed and you are absolutely right, it does work! I always have a piece of toast with it too.

Angie, you poor thing that's awful! Who knows it might improve for you, stranger things have happened.

Amanda said...

Brilliant news, Yvonne. Well done you! And glad you had a fun weekend. Hangovers get worse, the older you get - mine now last two months.

Lane Mathias said...

The sad reality is, hangovers get heinous with age. Mine do anyway. Jen is right about the tea although it's best to make it bucket sized:-)

Well done with the edit. You're storming:-)

Yvonne said...

Annie, don't say that! Arggh!

Lane, sounds like a plan, must get bigger cups.