Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Guinness Hurling Boot Camp

A friend of mine from college, Sinead Kissane, is presenting a show on TV3 called The Guinness Hurling Boot Camp which starts at 11 o'clock tonight.

The eight part mini series will follow seven Irish sports personalities from non-hurling backgrounds learning how to play the sport, and being put through their paces to win money for their respective charities. So it's for a good cause people!

Sinead is one of the best sports journalists on TV today; you'd be hard pressed to find someone more enthusiastic and knowledgeable about sport. She's also filled to the brim with charisma and is blessed with a wicked sense of humour, so even if you're not a fan of hurling you'll still get something out of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I know what hurling is, I clicked through hoping in vain that your post was about Guinness being hurled. At some kind of military academy perhaps. Actually, that sounds like a waste of a perfectly good drink now that I think about it.

(Sorry about the deleted message above – I had signed in incorrectly)

Yvonne said...

Hi John! That would be a story and a half...maybe a slight waste but still entertaining nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Just read some of your blog. Giving up your job aged 30 to write a novel sounds so wow! And you are really doing it, even bigger wow, impressed, that takes guts.

Sorry I didn't see the hurling programme, sounds intriguing. Your friend Sinnead sounds clever and fun.

Tell me, what inspires you to be a green writer, I am keen to know.

You aren't, by any chance, Irish, are you, or is that just a lucky guess? There is definite celtic twang to your blog lol.

Yvonne said...

Hey Hullaballo, thanks for visiting! It wasn't that brave really, my job was going nowhere and I really wanted to write a novel - it was nagging away at me, easier to give in to it!

I am indeed Irish...we Celts have to stick together! Good luck with your new blog, looking forward to reading more.