Saturday, June 09, 2007

May you live in interesting times

Interesting night last night.

Went out to see the Brisbane Nigella Lawson in Sin è on the Quays. A lovely bar with exposed walls, good music and a relaxed atmosphere. Unfortunately someone spilled several pints worth of alcohol down the stairs, cumulating in the Ours falling down them and spraining his ankle very badly. He got a taxi home and I ventured out to Traffic to meet with my former workmates. With buy one get one free cocktails on offer I was pretty wobbly on my heels at the end of the night. Before you think I'm a terrible girlfriend for abandoning the Ours, I brought back some fast food. Thank you Supermacs! Your cheerily branded packaging is still liberally strewn across our living room.

It was great to meet up with everyone, some of whom I'd not seen since I left work six months ago. I remember how worried I was about working from home and feeling lonely; I wasn't going to miss my massive workload but I had some great workmates. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy being on my own now. Still, I wouldn't mind having them around for tea breaks, I couldn't stop laughing last night with the filth we were coming out with. You just can't beat a work night out for pure abuse and dirt.

*It was a pretty interesting night for Paris Hilton, for different reasons. We had a little woot-enany when the Ours sent a text with the news. So if you're having a bad day, just remind yourself - you could be Paris Hilton. Who'd of ever thunk it?

0 comments: